Farm Stand Worker
Our fast-paced farm stand is open from May 1 until Thanksgiving, 7 days a week. We are seeking someone with retail experience and an artistic sense of display to stock, and care for the farm stand in an efficient manner. Must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly and easily. Weekend availability a must.
- Keeping fresh produce on shelves stocked and accurately labeled
- Creating and implementing displays with the latest produce
- Maintaining cleanliness of stand and overall stand organization
- Assisting with maintenance of farm stand grounds
- Customer service including helping customers with purchases and questions about plants, produce and farm shares
- Overseeing the restocking of produce during CSA Days
- Scheduling of events including birthday parties, field trips etc.
Qualified applicants would have:
- Ability to work efficiently based on priorities
- Experience with a variety of seasonal vegetables
- Ability to self motivate and follow a list – much of this position is performed independently
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly and easily, and to hustle through a physically busy day
- Experience in customer service and retail
- Proficiency with computers and POS registers.
- Familiarity with produce a must
- Familiarity with plants a plus
- Ability to commit for a full season through November
- Passion for local food and a willingness to share your passion.
Other perks of the job include: • Access to delicious, organic produce • Fresh air and exercise • An open, friendly environment • Opportunities to advance and build on your skills in a growing business.
Please send applications, received on a rolling basis. Open until filled. Please detail previous experience in your application.